Research Unit

HeadQuarters of Arcetri

Arcetri is the historical site of the National Institute of Optics since 1927. Here the Head Office, the Administration, most of the laboratories and of the training activities are located.
The Arcetri hill is a symbol of the history of Physics: nearby Galileo lived and died; Garbasso, Fermi, Rossi, Bernardini, Occhialini, Racah worked in a not distant building; on the top of the hill, then, is the Observatory. Besides, for some decades Vasco Ronchi carried on his fundamental studies in Optics.
The INO Arcetri building hosts also the optics, electronics and mechanics workshops, a conference room, a computer room, a meeting room and other structures to support research activities
Largo Fermi 6, 50125 – Firenze
Tel: 055-23081
Fax: 055-2337755

The Head of the unit is: Dr. Alessandro Farini